Hokay.

Taylor D. Actually posted his views on modern television and I'd just like to throw out my response (thank you, Taylor for providing me with some material on which to base my final blog post).

I couldn't agree more. Perhaps TV is just a dying industry and so caters to the lowest common denominator of viewers. I think a very appropriate opinion on television was best expressed by a good friend of mine, "It just seems like television is more or less white trash entertainment."
Sorry if that offends anyone but when I think of the amount of crap that one could watch, the amount of time once could dedicate to watching crap - then yes, I'd have to agree with him.

Also commercials. I fucking hate commercials. Waste of time, absolute waste of time. I have a select number of network shows like The Office, and Battlestar Galactica (mmmm, yes) that I can just find on-line for free. Why doesn't everyone just find the shows they like on the internet (they are out there).

I save so much time by not having to deal with such depressing requests for me to purchase Life Alert, Cash for Gold, or Extense "natura" Male Enhancement. You used to be able to tell a lot about viewer profiles based on commercials alone. Now, they are fucking everywhere. Doesn't matter if I happen across the discovery channel or cartoon network (late at night) I get asked to send my family heirlooms for (legal?) tender, while also getting barraged with subliminal messaging informing me how attractive I am while putting back a classy bottle of Budweiser.

I got no judgments, I just call it like I see it.

Cheers! (this is another show which is easily obtained on these new-fangled interwebz)
0 Responses

Post a Comment